The film, White Boy Rick is a movie that is definitely going to take the charts over. This movie was so dope, so cool and so aunthentic. I feel like everything rally touched on the life of their original 15 year old Richard Wershe Jr. He began getting into the game after he was set up by some corrupt guys to bust the other drug dealers. Unfortunately things took for a turn when he got into the game himself, due to corrupt cops and still locked him up. White Boy Rick, at the age of 17, was given life but was released last year.
The reason why you should look more into the movie because this story is something you never hear about. White Boy Rick was something so different that everyone in the game and outside of the game should see it. Though it was one of those movies about a drug dealer who eventually gets out of the game, this movie to me is going to be iconic. I say this because it came out at a time when right now things are getting serious in America with a President who wants to Make America White Again. We know what’s up.
If you haven’t gone to the movies yet to see this amazing film, make you sure you do!!! You’ll love it! That’s all folks!
Normally, I would post something like this on Music Monday but I had to get a whiff of his beef and see what it’s all about. First, I think that MGK and Eminem are great rappers. They both have their own lane of rap, they’re lyrical and they really don’t care about being white in a black male dominated industry. That’s cool! I just never thought these two would actually have beef and it’s nothing that ever really crossed my mind. Supposedly, from the diss MGK dropped, Emnimen brought up a tweet about him that MGK said back in 2012 which was a joke. MGK hears about it, doesn’t believe it and today we have his diss track. Honestly, it was hot but I can’t say what was true or not because I never really looked into the life of Em but we know much about him because of past songs! Also, with this last statement, I could say the same for MGK!
I heard both diss tracks that MGK and Eminem made and they both were hot. They both hit sensitive areas, they went below the belt, you can tell they did their research on one another but did it have to really come to a diss over a tweet? Was MGK stirring the pot to keep Eminem’s mouth closed or did he want a battle that he was asking for? We may never know. If you ask me, it probably was both. MGK has been in the industry for a while but he will never be who Eminem was. I feel as though Eminem paved a lane or paved a way that other white rappers could also rap, be in the industry and be comfortable with being a white rapper and creating their music. You also can’t compare Eminem to MGK because Eminem is more than a rapper, he’s a lyricist and he’s different. Eminem’s rap was more of a “roast session” than a beef because he said things that made you laugh.
Lastly, I don’t think Joe Budden should have spoken on Eminem because we see how the track records are between the both of them. If he really had something to say about Eminem or to him he could have just put it in a rap aside from his podcast. In return, Remy Ma calls Joe Budden a pussy on his own platform because of this point alone. She says that he could say many things about these young rappers but has yet to say anything to Eminem since he feels that he’s better. For years on and off, we have heard people coming for Em but this one takes the cake! How do you feel about the diss track and Joe Budden getting involved? Let us know! Comment! That’s all folks!
First let’s thank Colin Kaepernick for still being undefeated when it comes to the Black community and doing everything in his power to make it better. He’s constantly doing positive things and raising money for the greater good and as long as he continues to do these things he can never do wrong in our eyes. Unfortunately, the other side of the “game” isn’t so happy with the fact that’s he a former NFL player who decided to take a kneel at one of his games because of the injustice done to the black community day in and day out. We already know of the abuse. People are making this about disrespect to the country and the veterans, but it has nothing to do with that.
Up until now, again Colin has come back with a surprise and he is now teamed up with Nike for a new campaign and we are all excited! He’s doing the right thing for the right cause and yet again, another touch down for Kaepernick. Now, here’s the kicker. People (who are white) are very upset and angry at the fact that Nike supports him. They’re saying it’s not “The American Way” but you have racists and those racists don’t accept Black people. What a way right? People (who are white) are getting rid of their Nike gear by burning, cutting and trashing their items. The more media attention they get with advertising Nike, the more money Nike makes. The media is filled with smile, laughter, cheer along with hate, anger and rage.
Colin Kaepernick is like Shaft but he’s trying to help save the whole America and his people all at once. Thank you for what you stand for Kaepernick and we will continue to stand by you. Colin Kaepernick again, for the win! That’s all folks!
There’s nothing like a Summer where the hottest songs and the craziest rap beefs take place. We have had a Summer of the hottest albums with endless hits and now the beef never ends. I mean the beef part can get “corny” and childish at times between industry artists but on the other hand, who doesn’t like a great story right? Childish Gambino (Yes, he’s also Donald Glover for those who don’t know lol) has done it again with another meaningful visual and amazing song. To get right into it, Childish Gambino, in my opinion is on to something with these visuals and songs. He’s giving us something we can be analytic and talk about. Besides Kendrick and J. Cole giving us something to think about, Childish Gambino has his very own artistic path and we can’t take him away from that.
Also, fun fact! His visual art was done by someone in my hometown (Philly) by the name of Justin Richburg and he’s another artist, who’s amazing at what he does. So shoutout to him for being apart of this project and bringing Gambino’s vision to life. You can follow him @justin_richburg on Instagram to see more of his creative pieces. To touch more on Feels Like Summer visual, I would love to know what made him want to add these specific artists and what do these certain scenes symbolize. If someone were to ask me what I thought it meant, my oponion is, because it’s a song based on Summer and these characters were some of the hot topics, maybe this is a way of showing a summary of the the industry this Summer. Who knows but it does spark some attention. We do love a great visual from Childish Gambino, but until then, you can check out his new visual above this text! You heard it hear on The Kenlo Show. That’s all folks!
Honestly, from the first and second episode of this season of Insecure has me wanting to see Daniel and Issa back together but then I am like “Nah, that won’t work.” Daniel is so in his feelings and puts this wall up that he doesn’t event want Issa to see how he really feels about her and I feel that he cares but can’t give her what she wants. Also, with Issa after ending her last relationship and seeing how it turned out, I would say she isn’t quite ready for a relationship. From the last episode she did admit that she still has feelings for Daniel and it makes me question if she did while she was with her ex. Also, what about Daniel makes her still have feelings for him?
Daniel won me over with his sexy body and oh so white and bright smile but his attitude along with trying to have the upper hand with Issa turned me off so fast. To put it quite frankly, he’s mean to her! On the other hand, Issa needs to know what she wants out of life and love. Daniel and Issa have these feelings that they don’t want to get out and it’s all because of pride. Pride is getting in between the both of them but Issa is open to explore what could happen from things getting a little bit better between them. Now, in this past episode I thought Daniel and Issa would go through with the sex after he brutally told her how he felt after his session with his producer friend.
Issa didn’t feel right with having sex with Daniel but it poses some questions like what happens next, will she actually move out, will they try to have sex again, does Daniel actually see something in Issa that he hasn’t before or is it because he misses her? What’s really going on? So, that’s all folks! Maybe things will get steamier with them next episode!
Anyee is back at it again with another visual and we are so here for it. It’s been a year and some change since we’ve heard and saw another a banger from this beautiful soul but it was worth the wait. I truly love this song and it’s visual along with it. She’s a vibrant soul, she works hard at what she does and she has the whole city listening to her work. Everything she does is A1 and she definitely has the sauce. I love the topic of the song and the fact that’s just unapologetically her in the video. She does her thing and doesn’t care who sees. First she came back on us with being featured on “Backwoods” with Ivy Sole but then she really stole our hearts with this new single.
Anyee we truly love what you’re doing here and as I say ... WE WANT MORE. Hopefully we can get another banger from the talented Anyee Wright! Listen and take a look at Off the Wall from Anyee Wright. You heard it here first! That’s all folks!
You know when it’s a Wednesday, it’s more than just Hump Day but the wildest things can happen. The wildest thing that happened today for the greater good,is that Ivy Sole dropped some heat to her single “Backwoods” featuring Anyee Wright. Philly has its own style, music, culture and way of things but when all of them combine and bring two Philly natives together it’s nothing but magic. These two beautiful women have style, grace and will you give you a vibe you’ve always asked for in music. They have the flow, a nice beat and the visual is short of amazing. The visual is fantastic and it was simply them being themselves. The people want to know though, can we get more? Because we need it.
Sometimes you just need you a good blunt to lay back and chill right? Ease the mind right? This is the song for you! You heard it hear first! Check it out now!!!! Tune into visual and song “Backwoods” from Ivy Sole ft. Anyee Wright! You don’t want to miss this! That’s all folks!
Who we choose to be around exemplifies who and what we think of ourselves. If we choose to be around 4 broke people then we will be the fifth. Then if we choose to be around 4 people who want to make money we will be the fifth to become successful. Life could be easy or hard but it’s all about the company that you keep. The company that you keep plays a part because these are the people that could help you move forward or hold you back. Most of the time, we don’t want to face the fact that we have to let these people go in order to grow but truthfully it’s always for the best. We have to let dead weight go to move forward because if we don’t we will continue to be in the same place physically and mentally. We should only do the same things over and over if we are trying to gain something good for ourselves out of it. If we keep doing the same things and there isn’t a result, at this point, we are wasting nothing but time. If you’re putting money into it, then you’re wasting both time and money at that point.
If you did something wrong to anyone and didn’t feel any remorse about it but knowing if was wrong, could you look yourself in the face and sleep at night? If you have a heart, then no you wouldn’t be able to go on in life. When we are on the outside looking in, and someone does something, we always ask, how could they say or do this or that? We ask this about people we don’t know but we never really think about these things about the people we keep around because we are too comfortable with having them around. Just because you and an important person my have a history together doesn’t mean they compliment your life in the way they need to. What’s also another truth, is that people are here for reasons while others are here for seaso , we have to know the difference. Sometimes we know, but lose sight of how to go around these people because of who we are which is why we keep dead weight around.
We are quick to judge the world around us but not the people around us because they are who we are and we can’t admit that. We have to get better at dealing with people who don’t benefit us from afar because if we keep the wrong energy around, we will be stuck asking ourselves, why we can’t progress or why certain people don’t associate with us. Is it really them or is it really us? We can’t blame others for what we do yet we choose to live a life as if there aren’t any consequences or messages behind the situations that happen in our lives. The people you need around should always go in front of the people you want around. The people you need won’t let you fail and give you concrete advice while the people you want can’t tell you much, because they haven’t thought that far. Lastly, remember a mind is a terrible thing to waste so always think twice and be wise about the decisions you make.
Hey eveyone, I am back at it again with another interview for all of you. I had the pleasure of sitting down with music artist Eli and we talk about his music, career, events and more. This is one you don't want to miss because the people can't stop talking about him.
Take the time out to check out this new interview with Eli and to get to know him more, you can follow him @elicapella9. Thanks for watching!
Hey everyone, here I am back at again with another Q&A with an amazing designer. Her name is Kyra and she is based in NYC (you know where dreams are made of). She killing the game and giving us pieces we can’t help to purchase. Kyra is definitely up next. I don’t want to give you too much so get into this Q&A with Kyra and I. Enjoy!
1. Where do you find inspiration?
2. What has been your best moment in your career?
3. When did you realize that this path is for you?
4. What is the best piece that you’ve designed so far?
5. Is there anyone in the industry specifically, that you would want to make a piece for?
1) I find inspiration from everywhere; from magazines, red carpets, blogs, television, social media, to just being in the streets of New York everyday. I get inspirations from everywhere.
2) I honestly don't think I have a best. I think a very exciting moment was having my designs in FIT's fashion show in March of this year. I was very proud of myself. I feel like since I've revamped my brand this year as "Ky New York", I've been blessed with so many amazing opportunities; from having my designs in fashion shows, and in a magazine, and being asked to creative direct other peoples shoots and fashion shows. I've just been so blessed and i'm so grateful to God for all the opportunities I've been given in this short period of time and at this age. I think my greatest moment is still yet to come.
3) I realized this path was for me in middle school. I always knew I wanted to have a career in fashion, but I had the big "aha" moment in my 3rd semester of college. I majored in fashion marketing/merchandising but I knew I didn't want to work for someone in some office.
I didn't want to just be a fashion designer, I wanted to be a fashion mogul, an icon. Someone that will change the fashion industry, in all areas; from design, to photography, to creative direction, to fashion shows. Someone that does it it all.
4) I think the best piece I've designed so far is my snakeskin holographic set. That is my absolute favorite, its shiny and stretchy and hugs you in all the right places while reflecting beautifully off of light.
5) Rihanna! I love her personal style and attitude. She WEARS the clothes, she doesn't let the clothes wear her. She can pull anything off and us designers love that. She makes everything look flossy as fuck.
1. Five years from now, how far do you see yourself within your career?
2. Who is it that you look up to the most in the industry?
3. Do you sometimes get your ideas from them?
4. Do you see yourself behind the scenes or in the front with your craft?
5. What plans do you have for your designs and what else do you have coming up?
6. What is your greatest advice to a young man or woman in your field?
1) In 5 years I see myself being a fashion icon. Doing everything I do now but on a bigger scale. I see myself working with the biggest magazines, photographers, models and artists.
2) I look up to Tyra Banks. She is a BRAND. She started off with modeling which is her true passion and turned it into an empire. Her entire career path is one to be admired. From modeling, to having a successful show with over 20 seasons, then having a talk show, having NY Times bestselling books, being a TV host, being in films, executive producing, she does it all. Let's not forget she's a black woman with many odds against her that she overcame. She embodies black girl magic.
3) I don't get any ideas from Tyra since she isn't a designer, but I am extremely inspired by her career path.
4) I see myself more behind the scenes than in the spotlight with my designs. I love seeing my designs on other people and fitting various body types. I love being backstage during fashion shows and helping my models get ready, making sure they look great. I love creative directing shoots and showing the models how to pose and how to move, its just so satisfying seeing my work come to life.
5) I plan to do more custom designs. I'm currently designing for a rapper for a video shoot she has coming up this weekend which should be fun. I have a few shoots i'm going to be creative directing in the coming weeks as well.
6) My greatest advice to someone in my field would be to stay true to yourself. I named my brand Ky New York because everything I design is a reflection of my personal style so I wanted it to be named after me and where I'm from. Staying true and authentic is key. Everyone has a different path and you don't have to be one-dimensional. You don't have to just design, you can also model, or creative direct, or be behind the camera. Don't put yourself in a box.
I hope you all loved this Q&A, as much as I did. Get to know Kyra more by follow her @revolkyra. See ya next time!
My name is Kennedie. I am a young woman still learning the ways of the world and how to manage. I am currently pursuing a degree in Mass Media. My purpose in creating my blog is to inspire others and to share as well as receive different points of view.